In the heart of the village of Gordes is an authentic Italian trattoria. Close to the medieval castle and a few steps away from La Bastide, La Bastide de Pierres has been an institution since 1820. Here, la Dolce Vita can be savoured in a number of ways. Although in a menu that is filled with Italian specialities, Chef Andrea Pettirosso has one particularly renowned dish: a real spaghetti carbonara. (Yes, yes, it tastes just like it does in Italy!).
Let’s cook together!
For four people you will need :
- 320g of spaghetti
- 150g bacon lardons
- 6 egg yolks
- 50g grated Pecorino cheese
- Salt & pepper
- And that’s it !
The recipe :
- Cook your spaghetti in boiling salted water for the amount of time recommended on the package.
- Fry the bacon (careful not to burn it!).
- Whisk the egg yolk and cheese together in a bowl (add 2 tablespoons of pasta water to the mixture), and keep some cheese on the side for later.
- Drain the spaghetti and then pour it into the pan you’re frying the bacon in, adding the egg and cheese sauce. Heap the remaining grated Pecorino on top with some ground pepper. And you’re done
- To make it look and taste even more delicious, add a few bacon chips (from cured meat ideally) which you will have already made crispy by popping them in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes at 180°C.
And it’s all ready. Buon appetito!
Photos credits :
© 2019 Studio Nicolas Lobbestael
www.airelles.com | Courchevel | Gordes | Val-d’Isère | Château de Versailles