How can you resist a creamy tiramisu – probably one of the most famous desserts in Italy? At La Bastide de Pierres, which is found in the heart of the historic village of Gordes, the chefs have revealed the kitchen’s great secret – a lot of love and a dollop of patience. Combining sweetness with indulgence, this recipe will make any dinner unforgettable.
Not to be eaten in moderation!
For 8 people , you will need:
- 6 eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 500g mascarpone (not too fresh)
- 300g Ladyfinger biscuits
- 50cl unsweetened espresso coffee
- Bitter cocoa powder
- Separate the egg whites from the yolk
- Beat the yolks energetically into the sugar (using either a whisk or an electric mixer) until they are frothy. Add the mascarpone and mix again.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until there are stiff peaks and then delicately add them to the mixture above with a spatula, blending together from top to bottom
- In a square dish, spoon on a layer of the mascarpone cream you made, and cover it in biscuits (which have been quickly dipped in unsweetened cold coffee). The first layer is done!
- Cover it again with cream and another layer of coffee-dipped biscuits and then finally with cream again. Leave it in the fridge for about three hours.
- Powder the entire surface with bitter cocoa powder before serving.
Buon appetito !!
www.airelles.com | Courchevel | Gordes | Val-d’Isère | Château de Versailles